Find Me On Facebook

Sunday, April 8, 2012

XDSFL Breakdown - The Sexy Leprechauns

THE SEXY LEPRECHAUNS ROSTER (Current as of 04/08)

When I look at Danon's team I think "he should win" every year. Every aspect of his team is not only built for high production but it's got years ahead of it before it'll require rebuilding. That's exactly how a dynasty team should look. Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in the league and at 28 will be at that level for 6 - 8 more years. Danon has 4 Running Backs at RB2 level or higher and all are 26 years old or younger. He has 4 Wide Receivers at WR2 level or higher and Miles Austin is the oldest one at 27. His kicker and Defense were both ranked 2nd overall in our league last season. If it wasn't for his single need at Tight End, I'd consider Danon to have a perfect Fantasy Football team.

Danon has picks 1.08 2.08 3.08 4.08 5.08

When you don't have needs it's hard to analyse or recommend a move in the draft. In the end it'll just come down to BPA.

PLAYER ANALYSIS
The following players should not be moved short of both their core position being replaced with at least a lateral move PLUS another player or draft pick of value.

Aaron Rodgers
LeSean McCoy
Jamaal Charles
Percy Harvin
Miles Austin
Sebastian Janikowski
Ravens Defense

Rodgers was the best QB last year bar none. He beat Drew Brees for most fantasy points and didn't play week 17. He only had one game all year where he put up less than 20 Fantasy Points. He doesn't put up the passing yards of a Brees or Brady but he rushes far more than either of them. He's also 4 years younger than Brees and 6 years younger than Brady. If this Dynasty League were to be restarted from scratch, Rodgers would be, beyond a shadow of a doubt, the #1 pick in the draft. I can't even fathom what kind of offer it'd take to move him.

LeSean McCoy is perfect for the Eagles offense. He's fast, strong, has great hands, and can be used in any number of packages. He was the Eagles top rusher and led the team in Yards Per Carry at a whopping 19. He put up 1600 all purpose yards and a ridiculous 20 touchdowns with only 1 fumble. Oh yeah, he's only 23 years old. Again, I can't fathom an offer that moves him off the roster.

It's a little strange that Harvin doesn't get more talk as an elite Fantasy Wide Receiver. He hasn't had a year where he didn't put up at least 170 points. That includes his rookie year. It should be noted that Harvin's production dropped dramatically in the first half of last year. His chronic migraine problem was obviously giving him issues. However, the loss of AP resulted in increased opportunity in the second half and he rebounded well. If he were older, I'd say he was a sell high. However; at 23 years old and a Fantasy average of 182 points over 3 years, I'd have to be nuts to recommend moving him.

Janikowski is the best Place Kicker in the league. Akers may have better Fantasy numbers because of the offense in SF but in terms of reliable PK over long distance there's no one better than Janikowski. He kicked 2 successful 60+ yard Field Goals last year. I don't even know how many 50+ yarders. At 34, he's almost considered young for an elite Kicker. Short of him breaking his leg, I'd never move Janikowski off my roster.

RECOMMENDATIONS
There isn't much I can scrutinize aside from the obvious issue at Tight End. While I think it's stupid to draft a Tight End in the 1st round, I do believe you should draft based on need. It's a tough spot. Both Fleener and Allen "should" be there at 18th overall in our rookie draft. However, I have serious doubts Fleener will be there as someone will make a reach based on all the hype he's getting. Still, Allen would be a fine pick in that spot without overpaying at 1.08

FINAL THOUGHTS
It's the overall best team in our league and likely will be for the next few years.

3 comments:

  1. I liked my team before but after reading this I want to have sex with my team. I agree my team is awesome. I should mention I was doing pretty good at TE (Dallas Clark) but then Peyton Manning decided to wuss out. I have since picked up Jared Cook who i think is underrated. he can run like the wind considering he's 6"5 245, see here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQQ2Hy3TzvM). Also have added Tamme who was great with Manning when Clark was hurt few years back so I'm hoping for more of that magic. Now finally added a 3rd TE (a possibly novelty TE?) with Hayden Smith. A professional rugby player who quietly signed with the Jets a few weeks back. not guaranteed a roster spot but at 6'7" with the toughness of a rugby player it's interesting enough as a flier in my mind. nice breakdown though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Tamme pick up was smart but I'm betting Dreessen gets the majority of looks at Tight End in Denver. I loved the Smith pick up. Keller's contract is still up in the air and if he moves on, Smith will immediately be slotted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're crazy...Dreesen. He was underutilized in Houston i'll give u that, he was on my watch list all last year so I know, and could be a great TE but Tamme has the established repoire with Manning. I suspect the jets will lock up Keller still but my suspicions are that ,like lots of NFL teams now , the Jets are going to try to utilize multiple TE's (thanks Belichick) especially since they are competing in the same division as the Pats. I am even more interested in how Smith's freakish size (bigger than Gronk) and a different type of athleticism translate to the NFL.

      Delete